wrapping one mesh on another

iampriyanshi
Hi,

Is it possible to wrap one mesh around another mesh?
For example, there is a sphere and a cuboid. I want to wrap a cuboid around
a sphere and create a union of those two.

Re: wrapping one mesh on another

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Not sure if this is what you needed but there is this functionality:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html#title12

Sebastien.

On 03/01/2018 08:14 AM, iampriyanshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to wrap one mesh around another mesh?
> For example, there is a sphere and a cuboid. I want to wrap a cuboid around
> a sphere and create a union of those two.

Re: wrapping one mesh on another

Sukhraj Singh
More than an answer I have a question.
May I know, what do you mean by wrapping?
Having said so, boolean operations are provided in CGAL.

Sukhraj Singh

Re: wrapping one mesh on another

iampriyanshi
Imagine there is one mesh cylinder and another mesh is a plane. I want that
plane to wrap around that cylinder just like a cloth would.

Re: wrapping one mesh on another

iampriyanshi
I know the boolean operation. Actually, I am looking for some functionality
that could modify a mesh.
For example, imagine there is a plane, I want that plane to deform and make
a curve.
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t375913/curvature.png>

Re: wrapping one mesh on another

Sukhraj Singh
There is mesh deformation package available.
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh_deformation/index.html
Please see this. The Polyhedron demo application allows one to interactively deform a mesh.