triangulated surface simplification on shared boundary

triangulated surface simplification on shared boundary

Shrabani Ghosh
Hi CGAL Users,

I want to do some modification on the triangulated surface simplification. I
have a simplex which has shared common boundary edges with two different
material (like bone and holes). So when I will reduce edges on the shared
boundary, it has to be reduced such a way that I reduce equal number of
edges from both side material surfaces.(Because there are doublets on the
shared boundary) And other edges which are not included in the shared
boundary will be reduced as your simplification method.

I am attaching two images to show the shared boundary. Please suggest me how
to proceed on that approach.

<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/5.png>
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/smoothed2.png>

Regards