streamline positioning

Hansjoerg Seybold
Hi,
I have a question about the streamline location package.
Is there a possibility to "tune" the streamline location algorithm to
enforce some
streamlines (given by points through which the streamlines pass)?
I would like to insert these streamlines by hand (giving the initial points
and then calculate the paths). The other streamlines should be then be placed
using the algorithm.

Thank you very much
                       hansjoerg

Re: streamline positioning

Pierre Alliez-2
dear Hansjoerg,

the feature you mention is currently not directly available with the
current interface, but if you make a local copy of the package you will
realise that it is not too difficult to add in the internal part of the
package as the main procedure is numerical integration of streamlines
after farthest point seeding. you could place a set of predetermined seeds.

and even better - if you manage to come with a nice interface such that
the user can specify some seeds please make a proposal and we'll add it
to the package. that fits well the open source spirit.

best regards,

pierre