Quantcast

non-empty sphere exception

Adam Getchell
Hello,

I’m hitting the CGAL_triangulation_assertion(false) on line 1985 of Delaunay_triangulation_3.h when I’m in debug mode, but not release mode. This is after I perform a flip(), which as I understand invalidates the Delaunay Triangulation, but not the underlying triangulation data structure.

Does this refer to the Delaunay triangulation being invalid via the empty sphere property in 3D, or something else?

Re: non-empty sphere exception

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
The Delaunay triangulation of a set of points is uniquely defined (if
your points are in general position), so if you do a flip, you will
break the Delaunay property.

Sebastien.

On 12/27/2016 10:23 AM, Adam Getchell wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m hitting the CGAL_triangulation_assertion(false) on line 1985 of
> Delaunay_triangulation_3.h when I’m in debug mode, but not release mode.
> This is after I perform a flip(), which as I understand invalidates the
> Delaunay Triangulation, but not the underlying triangulation data structure.
>
> Does this refer to the Delaunay triangulation being invalid via the
> empty sphere property in 3D, or something else?
>
> https://twitter.com/adamgetchell/status/813676373415890944
>
> --
> Adam Getchell
> https://keybase.io/adamgetchell

Re: non-empty sphere exception

Adam Getchell

> On Dec 27, 2016, at 1:35 AM, Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The Delaunay triangulation of a set of points is uniquely defined (if
> your points are in general position), so if you do a flip, you will
> break the Delaunay property.

Thanks for your answer, Sebastien!

Just confirming that this exception (which only occurs during debug mode) is the result.

Otherwise, I have some other problem to look at.