meshing depend on the computer?

Thomas Morzadec
Hello,

I try to simulate shapes, defined as implicit functions, in mechanical simulations, meshing them via CGAL.

I have tried to simulate the same individual (same implicit function) with the same mesh parameters on two different computers.

It appears that the simulations are different

May the difference come from CGAL. May the meshing depend on the computer?

Otherwise, it comes from the mechanical software

Thank you for your help,

Thomas Morzadec

Re: meshing depend on the computer?

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:01:06 AM CEST Thomas Morzadec wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try to simulate shapes, defined as implicit functions, in mechanical
> simulations, meshing them via CGAL.
>
> I have tried to simulate the same individual (same implicit function) with
> the same mesh parameters on two different computers.
>
> It appears that the simulations are different
>
> May the difference come from CGAL. May the meshing depend on the computer?

That's possible. And in particular if the C++ compiler version or STL library
of the two computers are different.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/