mesh deformation

Alessio
I know that cgal have some mesh deformation algorithms. I would like
implement something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NakXYXscXe0. Can someone explain me if exist
in cgal one algorithm to do it and how to set the problem?

Thanks in advance

Re: mesh deformation

andreas.fabri

Have a look at

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Surface_mesh_deformation/index.html#SMD_Def

You must mark a region of interest in the gum mesh.

And you must markĀ  vertices at the gum-tooth transition as control vertices

When you give control vertices new positions (by moving the tooth)
CGAL can compute positions for the region of interest.

Best,

Andreas

On 12/17/2019 2:36 PM, Alessio wrote:
I know that cgal have some mesh deformation algorithms. I would like
implement something like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NakXYXscXe0. Can someone explain me if exist
in cgal one algorithm to do it and how to set the problem?

Thanks in advance

Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory
Editor, The CGAL Project

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri

Re: mesh deformation

Alessio
Which of the present deformation algorithms do you think is best for the
purpose described?