little problem

amit tripathi-2
hi all

          last time my message got garbled , this time i am sending trough pdf attachment please download it.

AMIT TRIPATHI
09836562804
M.Tech(C.S.)
I.S.I. KOLKATA

problem.pdf (24K) Download Attachment

Triangular mesh offsetting

Santosh Tiwari

Can I use CGAL to perform triangular mesh offsetting?

If not, can anyone suggest any other library/source-code that I can use to
perform the offset operation.

I want to create an envelope around triangulated geometry with a specified
clearance.

I can write the code to offset the vertices by using normals computed from
the facets. But, it would create many intersections in the mesh.

I found two papers that deal with triangular mesh offsetting, but couldn't
find the code. Here are the papers.

Offset Triangular Mesh Using the Multiple Normal Vectors of a Vertex
http://www.cadanda.com/V1Nos1to4_33.pdf

Self-intersection Removal in Triangular Mesh Offsetting
http://www.cadanda.com/V1Nos1to4_54.pdf

Can anyone suggest me any resource that I can use to offset a triangular
mesh?

Thanks.