help needed.

Sandeep Dey-2

Can CGAL codes be executed in XCODE of MAC?

I am new to CGAL and MAC.
Currently I am running the CGAL3.5 examples , demos from the command terminal of MAC OS 10.6.2
I want to understand the codes well and want to write my own codes for new geometric algorithms(related to voronoi diagrams).
So, I was thinking of using xcode to run CGAL demo examples. Suggestions, for other options, or this one will be fine way to work? How to integrate CGAL and XCode 3.2.1 ?

If one wants to know about all the basic data-structures used in CGAL, how one should start with it, so that one can code own algorithms using CGAL data Structures?

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep.

Doctoral Assistant,
Corpo academico,
Faculty of Informatics ,
University della Svizzera italiana,
University of Lugano (USI)
Via Giuseppe Buffi 13
CH-6904 Lugano,
Switzerland.
www.inf.usi.ch

Re: help needed. (Xcode support)

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Le 18/01/10 16:55, Sandeep Dey a écrit :
>   Can CGAL codes be executed in XCODE of MAC?

 From the compiler point of view, it should be no problem.

> I am new to CGAL and MAC.
> Currently I am running the CGAL3.5 examples , demos from the command
> terminal of MAC OS 10.6.2
> I want to understand the codes well and want to write my own codes for
> new geometric algorithms(related to voronoi diagrams).
> So, I was thinking of using xcode to run CGAL demo examples.
> Suggestions, for other options, or this one will be fine way to work?
> How to integrate CGAL and XCode 3.2.1 ?

CGAL uses CMake.  CMake has some support for XCode projects.
I have not tried this myself, maybe others have.
Feel free to try yourself.

> If one wants to know about all the basic data-structures used in CGAL,
> how one should start with it, so that one can code own algorithms using
> CGAL data Structures?

Start with reading the relevant parts of the documentation ?

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis