help needed on HDS

Sandeep Dey-2
Hi,

I have some basic questions on HDS default provided in CGAL.
I was planning to have a half edge default data structure instance and do some basic operations on it.

1. Insert Vertex objects in to it, by specifying coordinates as points (Point_2) one by one.
However, I was unable to find a way to construct a Vertex from a Point, which prevented me from using vertices_push_back() method of HDS decorator.
Is there a Vertex class given with its constructor? I can't find one.

2. Same is with the faces_push_back() method that takes faces() as input argument, I cannot find, how is a face defined?
How can we store a rectangular face that has four vertices , using HDS?

Can anyone suggest how to use the halfedge data structure from scratch.
 Is there any tutorial showing how to use HDS?

Thanks and Best regards,

Sandeep.

Re: help needed on HDS

efif
You can look at the Arrangement_on_surface_2 code to see how it is employed.
Perhaps the Arrangement_on_surface_2 data structure is closer to what
you need that the underlying HDS anyway.