failure case for boolean operation

s.nagella
failure case for boolean operation

Hi All

I was trying out Boolean operations. I met a case where a sphere radius 5 at (5,0,0) centre is cut by a plane with equate x=5. It exits with this error message

**

** Gts:ERROR:(boolean.c:1563):???: assertion failed: (x != 0. || y != 0. || z != 0.)

The same operation works if I change the plane equation to x+y+z=5.

I dont know the internals of GTS but Is there any reason why it does that?

Thanks

Sri

--
Scanned by iCritical for STFC.

Re: failure case for boolean operation

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Nagella, S (Srikanth) wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I was trying out Boolean operations. I met a case where a sphere radius
> 5 at (5,0,0) centre is cut by a plane with equate x=5. It exits with
> this error message
>
> **
>
> ** Gts:ERROR:(boolean.c:1563):???: assertion failed: (x != 0. || y != 0.
> || z != 0.)
>
> The same operation works if I change the plane equation to x+y+z=5.
>
> I don’t know the internals of GTS but Is there any reason why it does that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sri
This is the wrong mailing-list: it is for discussion around CGAL, not GTS.

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment