detecting topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

detecting topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

Frank Dz
This post was updated on .
Hi All~

I just wonder is there a method designed for topology loop detection on 3D
mesh?

I search this topic on GOOGLE yet do not find any related info. If I entered
the wrong term describing this method?

Best,

Frank

-----
be open, be creative, be critical

be open, be creative, be critical

Re: detection topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

Guillaume Damiand
Hi Frank;

Le 21/12/2019 à 06:13, Frank Dz a écrit :
> Hi All~
>
> I just wonder is there a method designed for detection topology loop on 3D
> mesh?

Not yet, but soon !

In my fork of cgal, there is one branch, Surface_mesh_topology-gdamiand,
which will be integrated soon in master.

For now it contains a method to test if two cycles are homotopic.

After this integration, we will start the integration of another branch,
gsoc2019-nccycles-thien, providing a method to compute the shortest non
contractible cycle on a surface. This is maybe the tool you are searching ?

You can test the code in these branches, but since they are not
officially released, remember the api can be modified.

Best

Guillaume

> I search this topic on GOOGLE yet do not find any related info. If I entered
> the wrong term describing this method.
>

> Best,
>
> Frank
>

> -----
> be open, be creative, be critical

Guillaume DAMIAND

CNRS - LIRIS UMR 5205
Université Claude Bernard
Bâtiment Nautibus (710)
43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex (France)
Tél: +33 (0)4.72.43.14.34                 Fax: +33 (0)4.72.43.15.36
Mail: [hidden email]
Web: http://liris.cnrs.fr/guillaume.damiand/

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: detection topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

Frank Dz
Hi~Guillaume

WOW! In that case, that is great! This is what I am looking for!
How can I use this code? Is there instrument or branch info of that?

Really grateful for your kind help and great work!

Best,

Frank

-----
be open, be creative, be critical

be open, be creative, be critical

Re: detection topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

Frank Dz

Dear Guillaume,

Sorry to bother again. Is this the repo can be used for detecting topology
loop on 3D mesh?
https://github.com/gdamiand/cgal/tree/Surface_mesh_topology-gdamiand

Best regards,

Frank

-----
be open, be creative, be critical

be open, be creative, be critical

Re: detection topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

Guillaume Damiand
Dear Frank;

Le 22/12/2019 à 03:28, Frank Dz a écrit :
> Dear Guillaume,
>
> Sorry to bother again. Is this the repo can be used for detecting topology
> loop on 3D mesh?
> https://github.com/gdamiand/cgal/tree/Surface_mesh_topology-gdamiand

No; this feature is in this branch

https://github.com/gdamiand/cgal/tree/gsoc2019-nccycles-thien

The methods are:

compute_edgewidth

compute_shortest_noncontractible_cycle_with_basepoint

(cf file
https://github.com/gdamiand/cgal/blob/gsoc2019-nccycles-thien/Surface_mesh_topology/include/CGAL/Curves_on_surface_topology.h)

cf the examples:

https://github.com/gdamiand/cgal/blob/gsoc2019-nccycles-thien/Surface_mesh_topology/examples/Surface_mesh_topology/shortest_noncontractible_cycle_using_BFS.cpp

https://github.com/gdamiand/cgal/blob/gsoc2019-nccycles-thien/Surface_mesh_topology/examples/Surface_mesh_topology/shortest_noncontractible_cycle_through_a_vertex.cpp

Feel free to ask if you have some questions.

Best

Guillaume

> Best regards,
>
> Frank
>

> -----
> be open, be creative, be critical
> --
> Sent from:http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/

Guillaume DAMIAND

CNRS - LIRIS UMR 5205
Université Claude Bernard
Bâtiment Nautibus (710)
43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex (France)
Tél: +33 (0)4.72.43.14.34                 Fax: +33 (0)4.72.43.15.36
Mail:[hidden email]
Web:http://liris.cnrs.fr/guillaume.damiand/

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: detection topology loop on 3D mesh with CGAL

Frank Dz
This post was updated on .
Dear Guillaume,

I really appreciate your excellent code! Great! Is this a method you
invented or there are some reference? I wanna learn about it~

Many thanks for kind help and great work!

Best,
Frank

-----