dependence question

gsoyez
Dear all,

one of our codes uses CGAL 2D triangulation. I am struggling a little
bit to figure out which of CGAL dependences are needed to build our code
(for historical reasons we use autotools instead of CMake).

In practice, we include:
   Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel.h
   Delaunay_triangulation_2.h
   Triangulation_hierarchy_2.h
   Triangulation_vertex_base_with_info_2.h

At first sight, it seems that only the GMP library is needed for linking
but the MPFR and Boost libraries are not needed. Can you confirm this is
correct?

Is it still OK for an (installed) CGAL-5.0?

Many thanks in advance for the help,
Cheers,
Gregory

--
Gregory Soyez
CNRS Senior Scientist

Re: dependence question

In a "standard installation" for the latest as well as previous releases of CGAL
the GMP and MPFR are used.  You can switch it off  with

cmake -DCGAL_DISABLE_GMP=ON

Then there is a fallback to CGAL::Quotient<CGAL::MP_float> as exact number type.

The dependency on boost is strong, but limited to
some boost libraries.

Best,

Andreas

On 11/22/2019 10:46 AM, Gregory Soyez wrote:
Dear all,

one of our codes uses CGAL 2D triangulation. I am struggling a little bit to figure out which of CGAL dependences are needed to build our code (for historical reasons we use autotools instead of CMake).

In practice, we include:
  Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel.h
  Delaunay_triangulation_2.h
  Triangulation_hierarchy_2.h
  Triangulation_vertex_base_with_info_2.h

At first sight, it seems that only the GMP library is needed for linking but the MPFR and Boost libraries are not needed. Can you confirm this is correct?

Is it still OK for an (installed) CGAL-5.0?

Many thanks in advance for the help,
Cheers,
Gregory

--
Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri

Re: dependence question

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)

On 11/22/19 11:50 AM, Andreas Fabri wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In a "standard installation" for the latest as well as previous releases
> of CGAL
> the GMP and MPFR are used.  You can switch it off  with
>
> cmake |-DCGAL_DISABLE_GMP=ON|
>
> |Then there is a fallback to CGAL::Quotient<CGAL::MP_float> as exact
> number type.|
>
> |The dependency on boost is strong, but limited to
> some boost libraries.

See also:
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Manual/thirdparty.html#title4