constrained delaunay triangulation

Vahidd
Hi everybody,

I have a set of points and i want to triangulate the inside of the presented shape by those points. The points are in 3D space.
As an example please check this image on my google drive link, i want to triangulate only the pink part.
As i checked the documentation, CGAL doesn't have constrained delaunay triangulation in 3D.
could you please provide me some tips, what else can i do for doing this?
Thank you so much in advance.

Best Regards,
Vahid

Re: constrained delaunay triangulation

Padraig O Conbhui
Hi Vahid,

Have you tried projecting the points onto a 2D plane, triangulating, and then remapping to 3D?

Cheers,
Paddy

Vahid

Re: constrained delaunay triangulation

Vahidd
Thanks Paddy, it was a good idea, it works!