The CGAL Open Source Project is pleased to announce the release 4.13 Beta 2
of CGAL, the Computational Geometry Algorithms Library.
CGAL version 4.13 Beta 2 is a public testing release. It should provide
a solid ground to report bugs that need to be tackled before the
release of the final version of CGAL 4.13 in September.
Besides fixes and general enhancement to existing packages, the following
has changed since CGAL 4.12:
### 3D Periodic Mesh Generation (new package)
- This package generates 3-dimensional periodic meshes. It computes
isotropic simplicial meshes for domains described through implicit
functional boundaries over the flat torus (which can also seen in
the Euclidean space as a periodic cube). The output is a periodic
3D mesh of the domain volume and conformal surface meshes for all
the boundary and subdividing surfaces. The package is closely
related to the 3D Mesh Generation package, with similar concepts,
classes, and API.
- This package can now handle classification of surface meshes and
clusters, and can compute features in parallel.
The CGAL project is a collaborative effort to develop a robust,
easy-to-use, and efficient C++ software library of geometric data
structures and algorithms, like
- triangulations (2D constrained triangulations, Delaunay triangulations
and periodic triangulations in 2D and 3D),
- Voronoi diagrams (for 2D and 3D points, 2D additively weighted
Voronoi diagrams, and segment Voronoi diagrams),
- Boolean operations on polygons and polyhedra,
- regularized Boolean operations on polygons with curved arcs
- arrangements of curves,
- mesh generation (2D, 3D and surface mesh generation,
surface mesh subdivision and parametrization),
- alpha shapes (in 2D and 3D),
- convex hull algorithms (in 2D, 3D and dD),
- operations on polygons (straight skeleton and offset polygon),
- search structures (kd trees for nearest neighbor search, and
range and segment trees),
- interpolation (natural neighbor interpolation and placement of
- optimization algorithms (smallest enclosing sphere of points or
spheres, smallest enclosing ellipsoid of points, principal
Some modules are distributed under the terms of the LGPL Open Source
license (GNU Lesser General Public License v3 or later versions).
Most modules are distributed under the terms of the GPL Open Source
license (GNU General Public License v3 or later versions).
If your intended usage does not meet the criteria of the
aforementioned licenses, a commercial license can be purchased from
For further information and for downloading the library and its
documentation, please visit the CGAL web site: https://www.cgal.org/