about CGAL assertion violation involving ftC3.h (Expr: den != 0)

about CGAL assertion violation involving ftC3.h (Expr: den != 0)

Kwok Jasper
Hi,

May I ask what does the following error message gfrom CGAL mean ?

CGAL error: assertion violation !
Expr: den != 0
File: C:\Program Files\CGAL-3.3.1\include\CGAL/constructions/kernel_ftC3.h
Line:139

Thank you very huch

人與人之間的距離只有一指之隔。

Re: about CGAL assertion violation involving ftC3.h

Sebastien Loriot
Kwok Jasper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> May I ask what does the following error message gfrom CGAL mean ?
>
> CGAL error: assertion violation !
> Expr: den != 0
> File: C:\Program Files\CGAL-3.3.1\include\CGAL/constructions/kernel_ftC3.h
> Line:139
>
> Thank you very huch

> 人與人之間的距離只有一指之隔。
Hello,

This is a check to avoid doing wrong computations (here dividing by 0).

Re: about CGAL assertion violation involving ftC3.h

Sebastien told you what the assertion is about, but in isolation
your question makes no sense at all.

This assertion happens deep down inside a CGAL algorithm.
If you think to have found a bug, please follow the instructions
given on the page http://www.cgal.org/bug_report.html

andreas

Kwok Jasper wrote:

> Hi,
>
> May I ask what does the following error message gfrom CGAL mean ?
>
> CGAL error: assertion violation !
> Expr: den != 0
> File: C:\Program Files\CGAL-3.3.1\include\CGAL/constructions/kernel_ftC3.h
> Line:139
>
> Thank you very huch

Re: about CGAL assertion violation involving ftC3.h

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Well, a wild guess based on experience : you re computing a circumcenter,
of 4 points which are nearly coplanar, aren't you ?

If yes, a good idea might be to learn about robustness issues.  Check the FAQ.

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment