Working with CGAL and valgrind

Patrick-3
Hello everybody,

in the scope of a current lab course I am participating in for my
university I am working on a little C++ project. There I make use of
some of the CGAL libraries. We were told to test our code against memory
leaks using valgrind. Unfortunately, CGAL does not seem to work together
with valgrind (or at least I was unable to work around this issue).

That is why I wanted to ask you, if someone here has an idea of how to
fix my issue.

Best regards

Patrick

Re: Working with CGAL and valgrind

Hoffmann  Michael
Hi Patrick,

valgrind still does not seem to support setting of rounding modes for interval arithmetic.
You can patch it in, along the lines of
github.com/trast/valgrind
github.com/trast/valgrind-VEX

Best, Michael

> On 26 Nov 2019, at 12:30, Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>

> in the scope of a current lab course I am participating in for my university I am working on a little C++ project. There I make use of some of the CGAL libraries. We were told to test our code against memory leaks using valgrind. Unfortunately, CGAL does not seem to work together with valgrind (or at least I was unable to work around this issue).
>

> That is why I wanted to ask you, if someone here has an idea of how to fix my issue.
>

> Best regards
>
> Patrick

Re: Working with CGAL and valgrind

Sylvain Pion-2
Administrator
Hi Patrick,

Alternatively you can try to use compiler instrumentation options, like -fsanitize=… with GCC.

Best,
Sylvain

> Le 26 nov. 2019 à 12:57, Hoffmann Michael <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> valgrind still does not seem to support setting of rounding modes for interval arithmetic.
> You can patch it in, along the lines of
> github.com/trast/valgrind
> github.com/trast/valgrind-VEX
>
> Best, Michael
>
>> On 26 Nov 2019, at 12:30, Patrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>>

>> in the scope of a current lab course I am participating in for my university I am working on a little C++ project. There I make use of some of the CGAL libraries. We were told to test our code against memory leaks using valgrind. Unfortunately, CGAL does not seem to work together with valgrind (or at least I was unable to work around this issue).
>>

>> That is why I wanted to ask you, if someone here has an idea of how to fix my issue.
>>

>> Best regards
>>
>> Patrick
>>

>> --
>> You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.

AW: [cgal-discuss] Working with CGAL and valgrind

Patrick-3

Hello Michael,

many many thanks for the quick response, I will try that.

Best,