Why this simple code hang my machine ?

MirJafar
Hello,

I have modify the example code of Convex3D and it just keep on running till my machine hangs ?

Thanks.
csv

quickhull_3.cpp (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Why this simple code hang my machine ?

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have modify the example code of Convex3D and it just keep on running
> till my machine hangs ?

Most probably a robustness issue.  Read more:
http://www.cgal.org/FAQ.html#inexact_NT
http://www.cgal.org/philosophy.html

Try CGAL::Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 7:39 PM, Sylvain Pion <[hidden email]> wrote:
Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
Hello,

I have modify the example code of Convex3D and it just keep on running till my machine hangs ?

Most probably a robustness issue.  Read more:
http://www.cgal.org/FAQ.html#inexact_NT
http://www.cgal.org/philosophy.html

Try CGAL::Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis
Geometrica Project-Team
CGAL, http://cgal.org/

Hello Sylvain,

I am little concern about the robustness issue as many software ( including tetgen)
produce valid triangulation of the test dataset and interestingly, it didn't work
even for extremely simple cases.

Thanks.
csv