What's the difference between the "face" and "facet" in Class TriangulationDataStructure

What's the difference between the "face" and "facet" in Class TriangulationDataStructure

BRYang
Hi, everyone.

I have a Delaunay Triangulation, say DT. The points used for the Delaunay Triangulation are the vertices of a triangle mesh T. And I would like to get all the tetrahedrons of DT which are incident to a face S of the triangle mesh. Any idea of doing that?

And I am still confused about the definitions of  "face" and "facet" in Class TriangulationDataStructure. The "facet " means the faces of the tetrahedrons or the faces of the triangle mesh?

Thank you.

Re: What's the difference between the "face" and "facet" in Class TriangulationDataStructure

Clément Jamin-2
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM, BRYang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, everyone.

I have a Delaunay Triangulation, say DT. The points used for the Delaunay
Triangulation are the vertices of a triangle mesh T. And I would like to get
all the tetrahedrons of DT which are incident to a face S of the triangle
mesh. Any idea of doing that?

In which dimension are you? Because you seem to use the dD trangulation package, but if you are in dimension 3, you should use the 3D triangulation package.

And I am still confused about the definitions of  "face" and "facet" in
Class TriangulationDataStructure. The "facet " means the faces of the
tetrahedrons or the faces of the triangle mesh?

Face and facets are defined here: http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Triangulation/#title3

Best,
Clément