What means "_idx < data.size()"

J. Scheurich
Hi,

What means "_idx < data.size()" ?

I get this as exception text when i call

CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::corefine_and_compute_union

Strange, the code was working without problems in past...

I use Ubuntu 18.04, Debian 9, Redhat 29, OpenSuse Leap 15, Arch Linux
240 on x86_64
and Ubuntu 18.04/crouton on ARM.

so long
MUFTI

Re: What means "_idx < data.size()"

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
It means that a removed or invalid simplex is trying to be used.
How can I reproduce the error?

Sebastien.

On 02/07/2019 01:58 PM, J. Scheurich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What means "_idx < data.size()" ?
>
> I get this as exception text when i call
>
> CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::corefine_and_compute_union
>
> Strange, the code was working without problems in past...
>
> I use Ubuntu 18.04, Debian 9, Redhat 29, OpenSuse Leap 15, Arch Linux
> 240 on x86_64
> and Ubuntu 18.04/crouton on ARM.
>
> so long
> MUFTI

Re: What means "_idx < data.size()"

J. Scheurich

On 07.02.19 14:11, Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory) wrote:
> It means that a removed or invalid simplex is trying to be used.

Before calling

CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::corefine_and_compute_union

i call

CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::triangulate_faces

Is there more i can do ? Another call to support
corefine_and_compute_union ?

> How can I reproduce the error?

Diificult, the code is in white_dune ( https://wdune.ourproject.org )

https://wdune.ourproject.org/docs/usage_docs/dune_en.html#boolean

I will try to make a simple example using the commandline and .OFF files.
Does the OFF reader repairs invalid simplex ?

so long
MUFTI

Re: What means "_idx < data.size()"

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
just before the call to corefine_and_compute_union,
simply drop the two meshes using:

std::ostream("in_1.off") << std::setprecision(17) << mesh1;
std::ostream("in_2.off") << std::setprecision(17) << mesh2;

PS: you can send the meshes in a private message.

On 02/07/2019 02:44 PM, J. Scheurich wrote:

> On 07.02.19 14:11, Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory) wrote:
>> It means that a removed or invalid simplex is trying to be used.
>
> Before calling
>
> CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::corefine_and_compute_union
>
> i call
>
> CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::triangulate_faces
>
> Is there more i can do ? Another call to support
> corefine_and_compute_union ?
>

>> How can I reproduce the error?
>
> Diificult, the code is in white_dune ( https://wdune.ourproject.org )
>
> https://wdune.ourproject.org/docs/usage_docs/dune_en.html#boolean
>
> I will try to make a simple example using the commandline and .OFF files.
> Does the OFF reader repairs invalid simplex ?
>
> so long
> MUFTI

Re: What means "_idx < data.size()"

J. Scheurich

>>> How can I reproduce the error?
>>
>> Diificult, the code is in white_dune ( https://wdune.ourproject.org )
>>
>> https://wdune.ourproject.org/docs/usage_docs/dune_en.html#boolean

Sorry. I found out, that the error is in the triangulation/optimize code
of white_dune before i call
CGAL::Polygon_mesh_processing::corefine_and_compute_union().

I used

ftp://ftp.ourproject.org/pub/wdune/meshUnionTest.cpp

and

ftp://ftp.ourproject.org/pub/wdune/in_1.off
ftp://ftp.ourproject.org/pub/wdune/in_2.off

$ g++ meshUnionTest.cpp -lCGAL -lmpfr -lgmp
$ ./a.out
it_poly_hedge!=edge_to_hedge.end()

But the exeption is different 8-(

If i use (IndexedFace)Set->triangluate in white_dune and write the off
files again, it works.

so long
MUFTI

Re: What means "_idx < data.size()"

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Your meshes are not closed (duplicated edges).
Calling stitch_borders() on each meshes made it work for me.

Sebastien.