Visual Studio "access is denied"

Özer Erdoğan
Hi,

I'm using Visual Studio 2017 vers.15.9. For CGAL I've completed every step in installation guide but at the end, when I tried to Run ALL_BUILD in cgal.sln Visual Studio returned me an error window saying that "... program cannot be started. access is denied".

I've tried running Visual Studio as administrator, 'use managed compatibility mode' check box, and moving all my files to a location other than C drive. But ı couldnt solve the problem yet.

Are there anyone who encountered the same and knows the soln?

Özer Erdoğan

Re: Visual Studio "access is denied"

leogarret
Hello,

I have the same problem... Have you got find the solution please ?
(sorry, I'm french)

Re: Visual Studio "access is denied"

CGAL is a library, it means that it has to be used by another program
(doing the visualization for example). As a consequence, it cannot be
run, only used by an executable program.

Sebastien.

On 9/3/19 11:50 AM, leogarret wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Visual Studio 2017 vers.15.9. For CGAL I've completed every step
> in installation guide but at the end, when I tried to Run ALL_BUILD in
> cgal.sln Visual Studio returned me an error window saying that "... program
> cannot be started. access is denied".
>
> I've tried running Visual Studio as administrator, 'use managed
> compatibility mode' check box, and moving all my files to a location other
> than C drive. But ı couldnt solve the problem yet.
>
> Are there anyone who encountered the same and knows the soln?

Re: Visual Studio "access is denied"

leogarret
Thank you, but in this tutorial
(https://www.cgal.org/download/windows.html#BuildingCGAL) we must run and
compile the ALL_BUILD project. But when I run ALL_BUILD I have an error:

/... program cannot be started. access is denied"./

Re: Visual Studio "access is denied"

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
If you refer to
"Run Visual Studio and compile ALL_BUILD project both in Debug and
Release. "

It is Visual Studio that you need to run not ALL_BUILD.

Sebastien.