Unknown CMake command “create_single_source_cgal_program”

Unknown CMake command “create_single_source_cgal_program”

Godjenka
I have been trying to install CGAL on Ubuntu through a VirtualBox for a
while, every time I run the command - cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
-DCGAL_DIR=/cgal -  on an example, I get the following message(with no other
errors):

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:12 (create_single_source_cgal_program):
  Unknown CMake command "create_single_source_cgal_program".

See also
"/home/botengu/cgal/Bounding_volumes/examples/Min_sphere_d/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I have seen the other similar topics on the page, they either differed a bit
or they weren't answered. I'd like anyone to help solve this problem.

Re: Unknown CMake command “create_single_source_cgal_program”

Simon Giraudot-2
Hello,

I found it quite weird to see "-DCGAL_DIR=/cgal" on your cmake command,
as installing cgal on a root directory is very unusual.

But judging from the error, you CGAL path seems to be
"/home/botengu/cgal/". So I think using -DCGAL_DIR=~/cgal (or
-DCGAL_DIR=/home/botengu/cgal if you prefer) should fix your problem.

Simon Giraudot, PhD
R&D Engineer
GeometryFactory - http://geometryfactory.com/

Le 04/02/2020 à 06:37, Godjenka a écrit :

> I have been trying to install CGAL on Ubuntu through a VirtualBox for a
> while, every time I run the command - cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
> -DCGAL_DIR=/cgal -  on an example, I get the following message(with no other
> errors):
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:12 (create_single_source_cgal_program):
>    Unknown CMake command "create_single_source_cgal_program".

> See also
> "/home/botengu/cgal/Bounding_volumes/examples/Min_sphere_d/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
>
> I have seen the other similar topics on the page, they either differed a bit
> or they weren't answered. I'd like anyone to help solve this problem.

Re: Unknown CMake command “create_single_source_cgal_program”

Godjenka
Wow, it worked. Thank you very much for your help, I can't believe I didn't
spot that.