Turning a mesh into an implicit surface

Grimm, Raphael (IAR)

Hi,

i am new to CGAL and have a question.

I have a closed  mesh with no self intersections and need to turn it into an implicit surface.

I know a point inside the mesh.

Is there any function in CGAL to do this?

If there is none:

Is there any better /faster way than calculating the closest Point via

CGAL::AABB_tree< Tr >::closest_point_and_primitive

and determine whether the point is inside / ouside / on the mesh?

I am grateful for all hints.

Best Regards

Raphael

Re: Turning a mesh into an implicit surface

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
See Side_of_triangle_mesh()

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/classCGAL_1_1Side__of__triangle__mesh.html

Sebastien.