Trouble compiling surface_mesh example using cmake-gui (Ubuntu)

Trouble compiling surface_mesh example using cmake-gui (Ubuntu)

anh.tran
Hi,
I have this problem when compiling surface_mesh example using cmake-gui:

The C compiler identification is GNU 7.5.0
The CXX compiler identification is GNU 7.5.0
Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
Detecting C compiler ABI info
Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
Detecting C compile features
Detecting C compile features - done
Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
Detecting CXX compile features
Detecting CXX compile features - done
NOTICE: The CGAL_Qt5 library was not configured. CGAL was configured with
WITH_CGAL_Qt5=ON, but one of the dependencies of CGAL_Qt5 was not configured
properly.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:29 (create_single_source_cgal_program):
  Unknown CMake command "create_single_source_cgal_program".

Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also
"/home/anhtran/Desktop/Programming/CGAL-5.0.2_example/examples/Surface_mesh/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".

I installed CGAL through apt-get so everything is in the default folder
(/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/CGAL). My main concern here is the command
"create_single_source_cgal_program" is not recognised, but you can also see
that I also having trouble getting Qt5 to work probably (NOTICE: The
CGAL_Qt5 library was not configured. CGAL was configured with
WITH_CGAL_Qt5=ON, but one of the dependencies of CGAL_Qt5 was not configured
properly).

I have not modified the CMakeLists.txt file.

Help a learner out? Thank you.

Re: Trouble compiling surface_mesh example using cmake-gui (Ubuntu)

Maxime Gimeno
Hi,

Can you tell us  the name of the package you installed ?

Le mer. 29 avr. 2020 à 14:21, anh.tran <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

I just followed the CGAL's getting started guide: sudo apt-get install libcgal-dev

I have compiled and run CGAL program in the past but for some reason I decided to not use Qt5 or create_single_source_cgal_program. I used add_executable and it has always worked fine. But now I would like to ultilise CGAL's integrated graphic library to speed up my work.

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 21:58, Maxime Gimeno <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Maxime,
Will I need to uninstall libcgal-dev before doing so? Is this like an extension to libcgal-dev or is this libcgal-dev + qt5 component?

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

Re: Trouble compiling surface_mesh example using cmake-gui (Ubuntu)

anh.tran
Ah I see.

What is the normal practice at GeometryFactory or other company that relies on CGAL? Are they taking advantage of the package manager or did they download the source code and then set CGALDIR and some other cmake variables themselves?

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 at 22:53, Maxime Gimeno <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

Thanks & Regards
Anh Tran

Re: Trouble compiling surface_mesh example using cmake-gui (Ubuntu)

andreas.fabri

Hello Trần Anh,

You might be best off, with downloading the tarball, if you have a linux distribution that does
not give you access to recent releases of CGAL.

GeometryFactory is not a user of CGAL, but develops new geometric software components.
So it is normal that we use git.   CGAL user can also git clone CGAL, but this is a more
advances usage scenario.

Best,

Andreas

--
Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri