Triangulated Surface Mesh Shortest Paths - distance threshold

Triangulated Surface Mesh Shortest Paths - distance threshold

Zohar

For each vertex on the surface, I'd like to get all the vertices in its radius r vicinity (in terms of geodesic distance).
Currently, I run the algorithm for each vertex, setting it as a source point. The algorithm in turn would calculate the distance to all the vertices, and afterwards I filter the results. This is inefficient. Can I specify to the algorithm to not look further than a certain distance, or maybe a certain BFS level?