Quantcast

Surface_mesh vs. Polyhedron_3

王少东

​Hi,

I'm doing a lot of mesh processing so I wonder whether I should use Surface_mesh or Polyhedron_3?

As far as I can see that Surface_mesh is more compact and flexible, but it seems that it's  not supported by some packages, like subdivision?

So I wonder if there is a list stating the supported packages for these two data structures? Or the interoperability between packages?

Sorry if I missed some basic info. I'm fairly new to CGAL.

Cheers,

Shaodong Wang

Re: Surface_mesh vs. Polyhedron_3

On 19/01/2017 15:12, 王少东 wrote:
> ​Hi,
>

> I'm doing a lot of meshprocessing soI wonder whether I should use
> Surface_mesh or Polyhedron_3?
>

> As far as I can see that Surface_mesh is more compact and flexible, but
> it seems that it's  not supported by some packages, like subdivision?

Coming soon. We can give you a link to a pull request next week.

> So I wonder if there is a list stating the supported packages for these
> two data structures? Or the interoperability between packages?

The main package that does not support Surface_mesh are the
Surface_mesher, and Mesh_3.

> Sorry if I missed some basic info. I'm fairly new to CGAL.

No problem,

Andreas

--
Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri