Surface_mesh_shortest_path

aseverino
Is there a way to limit the search for shortest path? I have a huge mesh, and
I know the source point is just less than a dozen triangles away from the
target.

Re: Surface_mesh_shortest_path

MaelRL
Hello,

The way the algorithm works is that it builds a full tree before doing
queries on it, so currently there's no way. However, I was thinking
about implementing this in the case where you have pre-determined
targets and interrupt the tree construction as soon as you have
distances over your current minimum.

Alternatively, and already available : since you know which faces of
your mesh will be involved in the shortest path, you can run the
algorithm on a face filtered graph :
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/BGL/structCGAL_1_1Face__filtered__graph.html.
This is an adapter around your mesh that will behave as if it were just
a mesh made out of the faces you've selected.

Best,
Mael