Surface/Volume Mesh preserving input point set

Surface/Volume Mesh preserving input point set

fredericodpc
Hi all,

I am a somewhat new user of CGAL and the library has really proved itself
more than useful for me in several parts of my projects.

However, I am currently stuck trying to generate a 3D volume and/or surface
mesh which preserves my input point set, i.e. that do not add extra points
(vertices) to the domain for refinement or quality adjustment purposes. This
very same reason made me move from CGAL to Tetgen to generate a constrained
delaunay tetrahedralization (CDT), with the goal of translating the mesh
back to CGAL afterwards, and I am now facing the same problem when trying to
generate a surface mesh that would serve as input for Tetgen (both seem to
have been done before, as per other older discussions).

I wonder if there is a way to do any of these processes in CGAL? Thank you
very much in advance, any help will be very much appreciated.

Re: Surface/Volume Mesh preserving input point set

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
The only algorithm we have for now that construct a surface mesh out of
input point is the advancing front surface reconstruction algorithm:

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Advancing_front_surface_reconstruction/index.html#Chapter_Advancing_Front_Surface_Reconstruction

Note that there are no guarantee that the output will be closed and some
post processing might be needed, like for example:

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__hole__filling__grp.html#ga4aacaa46c800a53ca0a0e5fd518a7b20

Sebastien.