Surface Mesh Subdivision over a local area

Surface Mesh Subdivision over a local area

Shankar Kulumani
Hello,

I have a polyhedron defined as a Polyhedron/Surface_Mesh object.

I'd like to subdivide a specific location of the mesh to have a higher resolution.

It seems the functions operate over the whole mesh rather than a specific area?

Is there a method to define a smaller area, in terms of ids, vertex locations or some other method?

Thank you

Shankar

Re: Surface Mesh Subdivision over a local area

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
The "simplest" solution I see is to extract the portion of the mesh
you want to refine and call subdivision on it then you can try to
re-plugin it in the original mesh (after having removed the faces).
It will imply subdividing removed patch boundary to make them match.

If you are only interested in refining, maybe isotropic_remeshing
is the way to go:

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__PMP__meshing__grp.html#gad3d03890515ae8103bd32a30a3486412

Sebastien.

On 06/04/2018 06:08 PM, Shankar Kulumani wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a polyhedron defined as a Polyhedron/Surface_Mesh object.
>
> I'd like to subdivide a specific location of the mesh to have a higher
> resolution.
>
> It seems the functions operate over the whole mesh rather than a
> specific area?
>
> Is there a method to define a smaller area, in terms of ids, vertex
> locations or some other method?
>
> Thank you
>
> Shankar

Re: Surface Mesh Subdivision over a local area

Shankar Kulumani
If you are only interested in refining, maybe isotropic_remeshing
is the way to go:

That's a great suggestion. Thank you. I'll need to look at it and get it implemented.