Storing circumcenter and facet handle of a surface mesh in kd-tree

Storing circumcenter and facet handle of a surface mesh in kd-tree

Pranav
Hi,

I want to perform facet search on a surface mesh represented as a Linear cell complex(LCC). For this, I am thinking of representing faces(triangles in my case) of mesh in kd-tree(using circumcenter of each face as key). But I also need to store the facet handles(pointing in LCC) so as to access the facets from tree.

Precisely, I want to store (circumcenter, facetHandle) in kd-tree for each face of the surface mesh. I would like to know how should I go about it?

With regards,
Pranav

Re: Storing circumcenter and facet handle of a surface mesh in kd-tree

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Have a look at the following examples:

http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Spatial_searching/index.html#title10

They are using the classes Search_traits_adapter and Distance_adapter:
http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Spatial_searching/classCGAL_1_1Search__traits__adapter.html
http://doc.cgal.org/latest/Spatial_searching/classCGAL_1_1Distance__adapter.html

Sebastien.