Stitch polylines onto surface mesh

aseverino
I know this feature exists in CGAL, and even I used it before. But I'm
struggling big time to find it.

Say I have a vector of Kernel::point_3, result of CGAL::Polygon_mesh_slicer
and I want to stitch them in the correct order to create a 2-manifold shape
from the slice result.

What function am I looking at?

Re: Stitch polylines onto surface mesh

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Either triangulate_hole_polyline ()
https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__hole__filling__grp.html#ga8508fd49a2482ec7dcb3e1799234696a

or

clip()

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__PMP__corefinement__grp.html#ga5bf228a516a46f6d1c80937067a17f7e

Not sure what you really want.

Sebastien.

On 10/4/19 2:19 PM, aseverino wrote:

> I know this feature exists in CGAL, and even I used it before. But I'm
> struggling big time to find it.
>
> Say I have a vector of Kernel::point_3, result of CGAL::Polygon_mesh_slicer
> and I want to stitch them in the correct order to create a 2-manifold shape
> from the slice result.
>
> What function am I looking at?

Re: Stitch polylines onto surface mesh

aseverino
It was the triangulate_hole_polyline

Thank you so much!

Re: Stitch polylines onto surface mesh

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Since all the points lie on a plane, there is another way to do it.
Create a surface mesh and use add_face() with your range of points.
Then call PMP::triangulate_faces()

It should be faster (using a 2D triangulation instead of a 3D one
basically).

Sebastien.