Removal of Almost Degenerate Triangles in Surface Meshes

Removal of Almost Degenerate Triangles in Surface Meshes

Iasonm
I used CGAL in my thesis and lately I have been trying to find a way to contribute with an aim of improving my c++ skills and my practical geometry processing knowledge. While browsing through last year's gsoc ideas, I found out that the project "Removal of Almost Degenerate Triangles in Surface Meshes" was not assigned to anyone. In addition I did not find any related commits and thus I suspect that it was not implemented by anyone in the meantime. Is there a way to check if actually there has not been a commit that covered the issue?

Best wishes,
Iason Manolas

Re: Removal of Almost Degenerate Triangles in Surface Meshes

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
Thanks for you interest in the CGAL project.
I already started implementing it but it is not in a public branch.
The project idea page for this year are not ready so you'll have to
wait see what is proposed.

If you know of a good research paper what would be nice to have in CGAL
it can be a good start to contribute. Do not hesitate to ask us before
starting the implementation if you identify a potential candidate.

The bug tracker is also a good source but harder to sort out.