Remeshing to make the all the faces look similar

Remeshing to make the all the faces look similar

Shrabani Ghosh
Hello,

I have used Surface Mesh Simplification to simplify the mesh. But after
simplification, I can see the faces of the mesh do not look similar.

<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/Capture.jpg>

Is there any function which can remesh the existing mesh which will not
change anything in the mesh (Means will not increase or decrease in the
number of faces, edges, vertices) but the faces angles will be changed so
that the area of all the faces will be same and will look similar.

Thank You
Shrabani Ghosh

Re: Remeshing to make the all the faces look similar

You should maybe right away have used isotropic remeshing.

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/index.html#PMPMeshing

Best,

Andreas

On 10/21/2019 10:52 PM, Shrabani Ghosh wrote:
Hello,

I have used Surface Mesh Simplification to simplify the mesh. But after
simplification, I can see the faces of the mesh do not look similar.

<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376134/Capture.jpg>

Is there any function which can remesh the existing mesh which will not
change anything in the mesh (Means will not increase or decrease in the
number of faces, edges, vertices) but the faces angles will be changed so
that the area of all the faces will be same and will look similar.

Thank You
Shrabani Ghosh

Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory
Editor, The CGAL Project

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri

Re: Remeshing to make the all the faces look similar

Shrabani Ghosh
Hi,

I have used isotropic remeshing with these parameters.
double target_edge_length = 0.5;
unsigned int nb_iter = 1;

After applying remeshing the number of faces increased.

 (170 faces)...(255edges)(87vertices)
Start remeshing of data/out3.off (170 faces)...
After isotropic remeshing
 (970 faces)...(1455edges)(487vertices)
Remeshing done.

Can't I keep the number of faces, edges, vertices consistent in this process? I

Thank You
Shrabani Ghosh

Hello,