Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel

Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel

aganj
Hello,
I am trying to make a 3D regular triangulation with
Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel, it works well when all weightes
are in a small range in comparison with the bounding box, but it crashes when
the weights are a lot different. The error is in FPU.h, in function:

inline
void
FPU_set_cw (FPU_CW_t cw)
{
    CGAL_IA_SETFPCW(cw);
}

with the message:
Unhandled exception at 0x7c812a5b in Test.exe: Microsoft C++ exception:
std::length_error at memory location 0x00e7e368..

This happens only in release mode. It works well in debug, but it is very slow.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Ehsan Aganj

Re: Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
[hidden email] a écrit :

> Hello,
> I am trying to make a 3D regular triangulation with
> Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel, it works well when all weightes
> are in a small range in comparison with the bounding box, but it crashes when
> the weights are a lot different. The error is in FPU.h, in function:
>
> inline
> void
> FPU_set_cw (FPU_CW_t cw)
> {
>     CGAL_IA_SETFPCW(cw);
> }
>
> with the message:
> Unhandled exception at 0x7c812a5b in Test.exe: Microsoft C++ exception:
> std::length_error at memory location 0x00e7e368..

I believe I have already seen this error message (about std::length_error).
Did you check the archives?

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

Re: Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel

andreas.fabri

Hi Ehsan

you must switch off iterator debugging in the STL

HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0

andreas

Sylvain Pion wrote:

> [hidden email] a écrit :
>> Hello,
>> I am trying to make a 3D regular triangulation with
>> Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel, it works well when all
>> weightes
>> are in a small range in comparison with the bounding box, but it
>> crashes when
>> the weights are a lot different. The error is in FPU.h, in function:
>>
>> inline
>> void
>> FPU_set_cw (FPU_CW_t cw)
>> {
>>     CGAL_IA_SETFPCW(cw);
>> }
>>
>> with the message:
>> Unhandled exception at 0x7c812a5b in Test.exe: Microsoft C++ exception:
>> std::length_error at memory location 0x00e7e368..
>
> I believe I have already seen this error message (about std::length_error).
> Did you check the archives?
>
>> This happens only in release mode. It works well in debug, but it is
>> very slow.
>>
>> I would really appreciate any help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ehsan Aganj

Re: Re: Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using

aganj
Hi,
Thanks for your responses. I tried to switch off that macro, but nothing
changed, I think it has effect on debug mode, but my problem is with the
release mode.
I found another post on the forum about the same problem with the subject:
Delaunay_triangulation_2 (29 Mar 2008), but there where not any solutions. we
work both with VC2008. Don't you think that is the reason of this error?

Thanks
Ehsan

Re: Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using

Fernando Cacciola-3
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your responses. I tried to switch off that macro, but nothing
> changed, I think it has effect on debug mode, but my problem is with the
> release mode.
> I found another post on the forum about the same problem with the subject:
> Delaunay_triangulation_2 (29 Mar 2008), but there where not any solutions. we
> work both with VC2008. Don't you think that is the reason of this error?

Try with _SECURE_SCL=0

HTH

Fernando Cacciola
GeometryFactory

Re: Re: Regular_triangulation_3 crashes when using

aganj
I just switched back to VC2005, and everthing is working well. Also some
warnings that appeared in VC2008 do not appear anymore.
Thanks,
Ehsan Aganj