Regarding Google Summer Of code

HRISHABH YADAV
Hello,
  My name is Hrishabh, a second year Computer Science student at IIT Bhubaneswar.
After studying through the Idea list of CGAL, I have become really interested and keen to work on two projects:-
1.)  kDOP tree
2.) Compute a shortest path non-contractible cycle on a surface.

Coming from the Computer Science background, I have gained healthy exposure to Data structures and Algorithms. I have keen interest in Algorithms and Data Structures, my proficiency can be judged on basis of ACM-ICPC Ranks (Online round – 142/3000, Kolkata-Kanpur Regional Site- 47/160). I have excelled in all of the Data Structures courses which have been taught to us until my third semester.

After going through CGAL github Repository, I would need a little guidance on where and how to start.

Please help me for the same.

Thanking you,

Hrishabh Yadav

IIT Bhubaneswar

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Re: Regarding Google Summer Of code

thanks for you interest for the CGAL project.
The first thing to do is to read:
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/wiki/Project-Ideas#information-candidates-should-supply

Then you can get in touch with the mentors of the two projects you
selected (don't use the list, you'll get less chances to have an
answer from the mentors).

Best,

Sebastien