Re: Modifying surface to include new points

Re: Modifying surface to include new points

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
On 04/06/2017 10:37 PM, cgal_2154 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an existing surface and a set of new points, which exist outside of
> the surface, and my goal is to modify the surface to include my new points.
> I was wondering if anyone has an idea of how to best accomplish this?

If your points are on or almost on the surface, you can use an AABB-tree
of triangle faces to compute the closest face to each point. Once all
queries are done you can refine your triangles (probably edges too)
to contains your points.

See:
http://doc.cgal.org/latest/AABB_tree/classCGAL_1_1AABB__tree.html#a1ae2a47f70d3d9511a65b8c40c8985a4

http://doc.cgal.org/latest/AABB_tree/AABB_tree_2AABB_face_graph_triangle_example_8cpp-example.html