Re: Constrained Delaunay Tetrahedralization

Re: Constrained Delaunay Tetrahedralization

Monique Teillaud
Hi Henrique,

As the manual says, the 3D triangulation data structure stores a
triangulation of the topological sphere S^{d} in R^{d+1}.
For more details, see the introduction of the user manual (chapter 28 or
27).
You can still play with functions like create_cell but as mentioned in
the reference manual, then you may violate some properties tested by
is_valid.

Still, seen from your few words, what you are trying to do could
probably work. You must make sure that you restore all incidence and
adjacency relations in a proper way.
You may want to look at the source code of insert_in_hole() of
Triangulation_data_structure_3 to see an example of code doing something
similar. Or maybe the remove() function of Delaunay_triangulation_3.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
        Monique Teillaud