Questons on CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception

Questons on CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception

Joe C-2
Hi, all,

I got CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception that causes my application to crash. I searched FAQ, it says "This is an internal exception, which is caught by CGAL code. Users are not supposed to be concerned by this, it is correct behaviour, except that it sometimes shows up, for example when debugging. It is safe to ignore these exceptions." Is there any way that I can really "ignore" these exceptions, i.e. without causing any crash?

Thanks.
Joe

Re: Questons on CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception

Sylvain Pion
Administrator
Joe C a écrit :
> I got CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception that causes my application to
> crash. I searched FAQ, it says "This is an internal exception, which is
> caught by CGAL code. Users are not supposed to be concerned by this, it
> is correct behaviour, except that it sometimes shows up, for example
> when debugging. It is safe to ignore these exceptions." Is there any way
> that I can really "ignore" these exceptions, i.e. without causing any
> crash?

This behavior can hopefully be fixed in your environment (compiler/IDE).
CGAL itself can't do much about it, I fear.

--
Sylvain Pion
INRIA Sophia-Antipolis

Re: Questons on CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception

andreas.fabri

Hi Joe,

In Developer Studio go to the menu entry Debug, and there on
the entry Exceptions. There you can control on what kind of
exceptions the debugger stops.

andreas

Joe C wrote:

> Thank you for your reply, Sylvain. I am using Visual Studio 2008. What
> should I do to fix this in VS 2008?
>
> Cheers.
> Joe.
>
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Sylvain Pion
>
>     Joe C a écrit :
>
>         I got CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception that causes my
>         application to crash. I searched FAQ, it says "This is an
>         internal exception, which is caught by CGAL code. Users are not
>         supposed to be concerned by this, it is correct behaviour,
>         except that it sometimes shows up, for example when debugging.
>         It is safe to ignore these exceptions." Is there any way that I
>         can really "ignore" these exceptions, i.e. without causing any
>         crash?
>

>     This behavior can hopefully be fixed in your environment (compiler/IDE).
>     CGAL itself can't do much about it, I fear.
>
>     --
>     Sylvain Pion
>     INRIA Sophia-Antipolis
>     Geometrica Project-Team
>     CGAL, http://cgal.org/
>     --
>     You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.

Re: Questons on CGAL::Uncertain_conversion_exception

Hi Joe,

I wrote in a previous mail how one can avoid that the debugger breaks
when the Uncertain_conversion_exception is thrown.

I missed that you wrote

     "ignore" these exceptions, i.e. without causing any crash?

What do you mean with crash?  We use  throw/catch for control
flow here, that is we try something, and catch in case of a
problem, so seen from outside everything is fine, and there should
not be a crash.

If your program just terminates we would be glad to get a minimal
code example and all information needed to reproduce it (for example
the compiler and linker settings).

andreas