Qt on alonside with Cgal

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Qt on alonside with Cgal

Aswanth Kumar
Hello,
      Where can I find the examples of cgal with Qt? I worked with CGAL but not with Qt. Where do I need to begin Qt alongside with CGAL? I need to use UI in such a way that we give input polygon or polygon_with_holes via cursor. And how do we get the visibility regions etc.. as an output on Qt. Please suggest what should I refer regarding this.

Regards,
Aswanth.

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Qt on alonside with Cgal

andreas.fabri
Have a look at CGAL/demo/Polyhedron

andreas

On 27/02/2017 14:55, Aswanth Kumar wrote:
> Hello,
>       Where can I find the examples of cgal with Qt? I worked with CGAL but not with Qt. Where do I need to begin Qt alongside with CGAL? I need to use UI in such a way that we give input polygon or polygon_with_holes via cursor. And how do we get the visibility regions etc.. as an output on Qt. Please suggest what should I refer regarding this.
>
> Regards,
> Aswanth.
>

--
Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory
Editor, The CGAL Project

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri

--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Qt on alonside with Cgal

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
Le Monday, February 27, 2017 3:27:32 PM CET Andreas Fabri a écrit :
> Have a look at CGAL/demo/Polyhedron

The code pointed out by Andreas is rather complex. You might have a look at a
simpler demo, with 2D polygons, in CGAL-x.y/demo/Polygon/.

> On 27/02/2017 14:55, Aswanth Kumar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >       Where can I find the examples of cgal with Qt? I worked with CGAL
> >       but not with Qt. Where do I need to begin Qt alongside with CGAL?
> >       I need to use UI in such a way that we give input polygon or
> >       polygon_with_holes via cursor. And how do we get the visibility
> >       regions etc.. as an output on Qt. Please suggest what should I
> >       refer regarding this.>
> > Regards,
> > Aswanth.



--
Laurent Rineau, PhD
R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Qt on alonside with Cgal

Sukhraj Singh
Continuing the discussion.

I found AABB_tree easy to use, as it had a QT UI file and looked simple.
In order to make a CGAL-QT project I took this as a template code, and copied it out side the CGAL source.
Did a CMAKE, provided paths to CGAL, QT and QGLViewer.
It build successfully.
But when I run I got following error.

./AABB_demo: /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5)

I have given correctly the paths of QT and it has picked /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/ , I am not sure why it would still pick from /usr/lib.
I cleaned the build directory and tried again, but in vain.
Attached is the snapshot of CMAKE config.

Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong?







On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le Monday, February 27, 2017 3:27:32 PM CET Andreas Fabri a écrit :
> Have a look at CGAL/demo/Polyhedron

The code pointed out by Andreas is rather complex. You might have a look at a
simpler demo, with 2D polygons, in CGAL-x.y/demo/Polygon/.

> On 27/02/2017 14:55, Aswanth Kumar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >       Where can I find the examples of cgal with Qt? I worked with CGAL
> >       but not with Qt. Where do I need to begin Qt alongside with CGAL?
> >       I need to use UI in such a way that we give input polygon or
> >       polygon_with_holes via cursor. And how do we get the visibility
> >       regions etc.. as an output on Qt. Please suggest what should I
> >       refer regarding this.>
> > Regards,
> > Aswanth.



--
Laurent Rineau, PhD
R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss





--
Sukhraj Singh
 

AABB_CMAKE_Config.png (186K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Qt on alonside with Cgal

Sukhraj Singh
I observed somehow /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5 gets linked for AABB_tree  executable which I had copied outside but it does no happen for the demo inside cgal/cgal-build/demo/

~/Projects/AABB_tree/build$ ldd AABB_demo | grep libQt
./AABB_demo: /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5)
    libQt5OpenGL.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5OpenGL.so.5 (0x00007fe48adc0000)
    libQt5Xml.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Xml.so.5 (0x00007fe48ab83000)
    libQt5Widgets.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5 (0x00007fe48a061000)
    libQt5Gui.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Gui.so.5 (0x00007fe48986f000)
    libQt5Core.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 (0x00007fe489158000)
    libQt5Svg.so.5 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5 (0x00007fe488293000)


~/Projects/cgal/cgal-build/demo/AABB_tree$ ldd AABB_demo | grep libQt
    libQt5Xml.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Xml.so.5 (0x00007fb5aefeb000)
    libQt5OpenGL.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5OpenGL.so.5 (0x00007fb5ae68e000)
    libQt5Widgets.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Widgets.so.5 (0x00007fb5ade16000)
    libQt5Gui.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Gui.so.5 (0x00007fb5ad624000)
    libQt5Core.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5 (0x00007fb5acf0d000)
    libQt5Svg.so.5 => /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Svg.so.5 (0x00007fb5a9a0a000)





On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 10:23 AM, Sukhraj Singh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Continuing the discussion.

I found AABB_tree easy to use, as it had a QT UI file and looked simple.
In order to make a CGAL-QT project I took this as a template code, and copied it out side the CGAL source.
Did a CMAKE, provided paths to CGAL, QT and QGLViewer.
It build successfully.
But when I run I got following error.

./AABB_demo: /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5)

I have given correctly the paths of QT and it has picked /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/ , I am not sure why it would still pick from /usr/lib.
I cleaned the build directory and tried again, but in vain.
Attached is the snapshot of CMAKE config.

Can you please tell me what am I doing wrong?







On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Le Monday, February 27, 2017 3:27:32 PM CET Andreas Fabri a écrit :
> Have a look at CGAL/demo/Polyhedron

The code pointed out by Andreas is rather complex. You might have a look at a
simpler demo, with 2D polygons, in CGAL-x.y/demo/Polygon/.

> On 27/02/2017 14:55, Aswanth Kumar wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> >       Where can I find the examples of cgal with Qt? I worked with CGAL
> >       but not with Qt. Where do I need to begin Qt alongside with CGAL?
> >       I need to use UI in such a way that we give input polygon or
> >       polygon_with_holes via cursor. And how do we get the visibility
> >       regions etc.. as an output on Qt. Please suggest what should I
> >       refer regarding this.>
> > Regards,
> > Aswanth.



--
Laurent Rineau, PhD
R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss





--
Sukhraj Singh
 



--
Sukhraj Singh
 
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Qt on alonside with Cgal

Laurent Rineau (CGAL/GeometryFactory)
In reply to this post by Sukhraj Singh
Le Saturday, June 10, 2017 6:53:48 AM CEST Sukhraj Singh a écrit :

> Continuing the discussion.
>
> I found AABB_tree easy to use, as it had a QT UI file and looked simple.
> In order to make a CGAL-QT project I took this as a template code, and
> copied it out side the CGAL source.
> Did a CMAKE, provided paths to CGAL, QT and QGLViewer.
> It build successfully.
> But when I run I got following error.
>
> ./AABB_demo: /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5: version
> `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Svg.so.5)

That message shows that you have at least two versions of Qt5 installed on
that machine:

  - one in your $HOME directory, at /home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/ (that seems to be
Qt-5.6.2)
  - and one installed by the system (seems to be a Debian/Ubuntu), in /usr/,
that is probably Qt-5.7.x.

Probably you configured your build of the application to use the version in /
home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/ but, at run-time, the way the dynamic linker searches
for shared library makes it find the file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
libQt5Svg.so.5. You should specify the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
to point it to "/home/sukhraj/Qt5.6.2/5.6/gcc_64/lib/", so that the dynamic
linker can see that `libQt5Svg.so.5` can be found in that directory, before
looking in the standard directories of the system.


--
Laurent Rineau, PhD
R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/


--
You are currently subscribed to cgal-discuss.
To unsubscribe or access the archives, go to
https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/info/cgal-discuss


Loading...