Profiling of CGAL code

Sandeep Dey-2
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a profiling tool to profile a CGAL package example or demo? I use CGAL-4.1 in my Mac. My interest is to check the memory usage, time of execution of different functions, number of time a function is called during the execution, and trace of the code. It would be nice if we can run the executable with the profiler and can get the desired informations.

Thanks and regards,

sandeep.

Re: Profiling of CGAL code

Olivier Devillers-2
Le 3/25/13 8:20 AM, Sandeep Dey a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone suggest a profiling tool to profile a CGAL package example
> or demo? I use CGAL-4.1 in my Mac. My interest is to check the memory
> usage, time of execution of different functions, number of time a
> function is called during the execution, and trace of the code. It
> would be nice if we can run the executable with the profiler and can
> get the desired informations.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> sandeep.

http://doc.cgal.org/4.2/CGAL.CGAL.Profiling-tools--Hash-Map--Union-find--Modifiers/html/index.html#Chapter_Profiling_Tools_Hash_Map_Union-find_Modifiers

Re: Profiling of CGAL code

Sandeep Dey-2
Thank you for the reply.

I am already using profiling tools provided in CGAL.

I was searching for an alternative solution where there is no need to insert profile statements in the code.
It would be of great help, if anybody can give suggestions or share experience on using profiling tools like Valgrind, google-perftools, or any other such tools.
Which one has better compatibility and better results with CGAL?

Thanks and regards,
sandeep