Problem running Triangulation_3 demo on mac os x 10.6.5/g++ 4.2.1

Problem running Triangulation_3 demo on mac os x 10.6.5/g++ 4.2.1

nyiotis
Hi,

although I can run most of the demos  (apart from a few where GLEW is not configured and the .cmake file nedds to be tweaked), I fail with  Triangulation_3 demo. It builds fine w/ Xcode, but it passes control to the gdb when it's supposed to run the demo. An exception is thrown from Geomview_stream.cpp I but I cannot decipher the error. Thanks for any hints

The Loading program into debugger…
Program loaded.
run
[Switching to process 16571]
Running…
Starting Geomview...execl geomview failed
error number 2 (check `man execlp')
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CGAL::Assertion_exception'
  what():  CGAL ERROR: assertion violation!
File: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gis_cgal/work/CGAL-3.7/src/CGAL/Geomview_stream.cpp
Line: 118
Unexcepted string from Geomview at initialization!
Going on nevertheless !
done.
Program received signal:  “SIGPIPE”.
sharedlibrary apply-load-rules all
Data Formatters temporarily unavailable, will re-try after a 'continue'. (Unknown error loading shared library "/Developer/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/GDBMIDebugging.xcplugin/Contents/Resources/PBGDBIntrospectionSupport.A.dylib")
(gdb)

Re: Problem running Triangulation_3 demo on mac os x 10.6.5/g++ 4.2.1

Laurent Rineau (GeometryFactory)
Le vendredi 18 février 2011 16:28:50, nyiotis a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> although I can run most of the demos  (apart from a few where GLEW is not
> configured and the .cmake file nedds to be tweaked), I fail with
> Triangulation_3 demo. It builds fine w/ Xcode, but it passes control to the
> gdb when it's supposed to run the demo. An exception is thrown from
> Geomview_stream.cpp I but I cannot decipher the error. Thanks for any hints
>
> The Loading program into debugger…
> Program loaded.
> run
> [Switching to process 16571]
> Running…
> Starting Geomview...execl geomview failed
> error number 2 (check `man execlp')

This Triangulation_3 demo is a rather old demo, that uses an external 3D
viewer named geomview. You do not have it installed on you machine. That is
the issue.

R&D Engineer at GeometryFactory           http://www.geometryfactory.com/
Release Manager of the CGAL Project       http://www.cgal.org/

Re: Problem running Triangulation_3 demo on mac os x 10.6.5/g++ 4.2.1

nyiotis
thanks

Re: Problem running Triangulation_3 demo on mac os x 10.6.5/g++ 4.2.1

teillaud
Laurent Rineau (GeometryFactory) wrote:

> Le vendredi 18 février 2011 16:28:50, nyiotis a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> although I can run most of the demos  (apart from a few where GLEW is not
>> configured and the .cmake file nedds to be tweaked), I fail with
>> Triangulation_3 demo. It builds fine w/ Xcode, but it passes control to the
>> gdb when it's supposed to run the demo. An exception is thrown from
>> Geomview_stream.cpp I but I cannot decipher the error. Thanks for any hints
>>
>> The Loading program into debugger…
>> Program loaded.
>> run
>> [Switching to process 16571]
>> Running…
>> Starting Geomview...execl geomview failed
>> error number 2 (check `man execlp')
>
> This Triangulation_3 demo is a rather old demo, that uses an external 3D
> viewer named geomview. You do not have it installed on you machine. That is
> the issue.

see
http://www.geomview.org/

--
Monique Teillaud
INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée

Re: Problem running Triangulation_3 demo on mac os x 10.6.5/g++ 4.2.1

nyiotis
yes! it rings a bell =D