Polyhedron dema, distribute vertices over surface

Polyhedron dema, distribute vertices over surface

gregor olenik
Hi,

I am new to CGAL and I am trying to implement the following:

In the Polyhedron demo I would like to implement a new Operation which
distributes vertices over a surface, in a similar way to the existing
surface mesh but without any triangulation.
I am currently looking at the
"Plugins/Mesh_3/Mesh_3_plugin_cgal_code.cpp" file in order to find where
and from which file the triangulation routine is called, but I am a bit
overwhelmed.  I guess it happens at "Mesh_function* p_mesh_function =
new Mesh_function(p_new_item->c3t3(), p_domain, param);". But what is a
c3t3 and how can I include an different algorithm as a plugin?

It would be great if someone could give me some hint where to start.

Cheers,
Gregor

Re: Polyhedron dema, distribute vertices over surface

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
If your surface is defined by a triangle mesh, you can use the method
sample_triangle_mesh().

https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Polygon_mesh_processing/group__PMP__distance__grp.html#ga7874c0f16badf7b7939039cf979ad16d

Sebastien.