Polyhedron Join

Xiaofan Li-2

Hi everyone,

I couldn’t understand a simple operation in CGAL. Say you have 2 very stretched & thin triangles formed from triangulation and you want to eliminate the longest edge shared between them. As I understood the operation should be join_facets(). However I was wondering what the outcome would be? The newly joined facet may not have its 4 points located on the same plane because the 2 adjacent triangles weren’t. In this case (and many other polyhedral operations), will the coordinates of the vertices also be changed automatically? Or are some other manual procedures required?

Regards,

Xiaofan