Polygon_with_holes_2 partitioning

Michele-40
Hi all,
I have a Polygon_with_holes_2 (PWH) and I should make a partition of it.
The only allowed chords are the iso-oriented ones (vertical and
horizontal chords).
I think the are no CGAL functions to make it (isn't it?)...
So I'm writing a function to get it and I would like to know if you have
ideas to perform:
- ray_shooting inside the PWH (vertical and horizontal)
- given one or more chords (in case chords ends on holes), split a PWH
into 2 PWH

I was also thinking in rapresenting the PWH as Arrangement_2 (or maybe
Nef_Polyhedron?!), but at the moment I don't know a lot about that...

Thank you all,
best regards

Michele

 Sponsor:
 Scopri le tue passioni con Leonardo.it!
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=7613&d=11-6

Re: Polygon_with_holes_2 partitioning

efif
Your requirements are imprecise, but I guess you are right regarding a
CGAL function that does exactly what you need.

The operations implemented in the Boolean_set_operations_2 package
utilize the Arrangement_2 data structure. Have a look at the
documentation and at the code. Especially, take a look at the free
function connect_holes(). It connects the holes of a polygon with holes
to the outer boundary of to each other using vertical edges.

The Arrangement_2 data structure supports ray shooting but only
vertical, either upwatds or downwards.

Michele wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a Polygon_with_holes_2 (PWH) and I should make a partition of
> it. The only allowed chords are the iso-oriented ones (vertical and
> horizontal chords).
> I think the are no CGAL functions to make it (isn't it?)...
> So I'm writing a function to get it and I would like to know if you
> have ideas to perform:
> - ray_shooting inside the PWH (vertical and horizontal)
> - given one or more chords (in case chords ends on holes), split a PWH
> into 2 PWH
>
> I was also thinking in rapresenting the PWH as Arrangement_2 (or maybe
> Nef_Polyhedron?!), but at the moment I don't know a lot about that...
>

> Thank you all,
> best regards
>
> Michele
>

> --