Polygon Mesh Processing - Cut a mesh by a plane

Polygon Mesh Processing - Cut a mesh by a plane

Riedel, Torge

Hi there,

still evaluating cgal. Quite a powerful library. I am interested in a function cutting a mesh by a plane (infinite of course) with an option to keep the mesh on the positive and/or negative side of the plane (in means of normal direction vector). And optionally closing the resulting sub-mesh on the cutting plane.

As I cannot find an api on my own on cgal.org, I am asking here. Maybe more than one api must be used for this operation.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Torge

CENIT AG, Industriestrasse 52-54, 70565 Stuttgart, Tel.: +49 711 7825-30, Fax: +49 711 7825-4000, Internet: www.cenit.com
Geschaeftsstellen: Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Muenchen, Oelsnitz, Ratingen, Saarbruecken
Vorstandsmitglieder: Kurt Bengel, Matthias Schmidt
Aufsichtsratsmitglieder: Andreas Schmidt (Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats), Hubert Leypoldt, Andreas Karrer
Bankverbindungen:
Deutsche Bank (BLZ 600 700 70) Kto. 1661 040 IBAN : DE85 6007 0070 0166 1040 00 SWIFT-CODE : DEUTDESS,
Commerzbank (BLZ 600 400 71) Kto. 532 015 500 IBAN : DE83 6004 0071 0532 0155 00 SWIFT-Code : COBADEFF600,
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Handelsregister: HRB Nr. 19117
Umsatzsteuer: ID-Nr. DE 147 862 777

Re: Polygon Mesh Processing - Cut a mesh by a plane

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
It is not documented yet but there is a function in
Polygon_mesh_processing/internal/clip.h

the simplest is:

template <class TriangleMesh,
           class Plane_3>
void clip(      TriangleMesh& tm,
           const Plane_3& plane,
           bool close);

Sebastien.

On 01/29/2018 05:39 PM, Riedel, Torge wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> still evaluating cgal. Quite a powerful library. I am interested in a
> function cutting a mesh by a plane (infinite of course) with an option
> to keep the mesh on the positive and/or negative side of the plane (in
> means of normal direction vector). And optionally closing the resulting
> sub-mesh on the cutting plane.
>
> As I cannot find an api on my own on cgal.org, I am asking here. Maybe
> more than one api must be used for this operation.
>
> Thanks in advance and best regards
>
> Torge
>

> CENIT AG, Industriestrasse 52-54, 70565 Stuttgart, Tel.: +49 711
> 7825-30, Fax: +49 711 7825-4000, Internet: www.cenit.com
> Geschaeftsstellen: Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hannover, Muenchen,
> Oelsnitz, Ratingen, Saarbruecken
> Vorstandsmitglieder: Kurt Bengel, Matthias Schmidt
> Aufsichtsratsmitglieder: Andreas Schmidt (Vorsitzender des
> Aufsichtsrats), Hubert Leypoldt, Andreas Karrer
> Bankverbindungen:
> Deutsche Bank (BLZ 600 700 70) Kto. 1661 040 IBAN : DE85 6007 0070 0166
> 1040 00 SWIFT-CODE : DEUTDESS,
> Commerzbank (BLZ 600 400 71) Kto. 532 015 500 IBAN : DE83 6004 0071 0532
> 0155 00 SWIFT-Code : COBADEFF600,
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart
> Handelsregister: HRB Nr. 19117
> Umsatzsteuer: ID-Nr. DE 147 862 777

AW: [cgal-discuss] Polygon Mesh Processing - Cut a mesh by a plane

Riedel, Torge
Thank you very much.
Torge