Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

hexudong
Hi there,
I've run into an assertion violation when I used CGAL/Optimal Transportation
Curve
Reconstruction(https://doc.cgal.org/latest/Optimal_transportation_reconstruction_2/index.html#Chapter_Optimal_Transportation_Curve_Reconstruction)
for 2D point reconstruction. The data I used is a set of simple 2D points
(already uploaded: 63_2D_points.txt
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376067/63_2D_points.txt>  ).
The program I used is the demo in CGAL-4.13/examples/Optimal Transportation
Curve Reconstruction_2/otr2_list_output_examples.cp. The main content is as
follows:
        load_xy_file(filesPath, points);
        Otr_2 otr2(points);
        otr2.run_under_wasserstein_tolerance(0.8);
        list_output(otr2);

The data I used is a very simple set of 2D points. What is the cause of this
assertion error? How can I avoid this assertion error?

Thanks!

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

hexudong
This post was updated on .
the output of this assertion is as follows:

     terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CGAL::Assertion_exception'
       what():  CGAL ERROR: assertion violation!
     Expr: f0 != f1
     File: /usr/local/include/CGAL/Triangulation_data_structure_2.h
     Line: 1462
     Aborted (core dumped)

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
It would help if you can share a minimal example that we can compile,
run, and that is showing the error you have.

Sebastien.

On 01/15/2019 10:32 AM, hexudong wrote:

> the output of this assertion is as follows:
>
>        terminate called after throwing an instance of
> 'CGAL::Precondition_exception'
>        what():  CGAL ERROR: precondition violation!
>        Expr: this != &*n
>        File: /usr/local/include/CGAL/Triangulation_ds_face_base_2.h
>        Line: 247
>        Aborted (core dumped)

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

hexudong
Thanks!
an example file is given in  example.zip
<http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376067/example.zip>  .

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

johnzjq
f0 != f1? when calling join_vertices? something was wrong during the edge
collapsing. Is it possible to visualize the original triangulation?

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

I can reproduce the problem and I think it is a bug.
I suggest you open an issue here:
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/issues

and put the link here.

Note that I tryed shuffling the points and the error disappeared
(with and without removing duplicated points)

Sebastien.

On 01/16/2019 08:59 AM, hexudong wrote:

> Thanks!
> an example file is given in  example.zip
> <http://cgal-discuss.949826.n4.nabble.com/file/t376067/example.zip>  .

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

hexudong
Thank you so much!
I will open a new issue to describe this problem and put the issue link
here.

Re: Optimal Transportation Curve Reconstruction-"CGAL ERROR:assertion violation!"

hexudong
I open an issue for this problem, and the link is
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/issues/3601
<https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/issues/3601>