Offset of surface

Hy.Joe
Hi, is it possible to give a different offset by a direction? For example 2mm
in z direction, 0.5mm in x, y direction. Any idea to solve this problem
using CGAL or another library?

Re: Offset of surface

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
What kind of surface do you have? Are sharp feature important?

If not, you could mesh the offset surface as an implicit function.

For example in this plugin:
https://github.com/CGAL/cgal/blob/master/Polyhedron/demo/Polyhedron/Plugins/Surface_mesh/Offset_meshing_plugin.cpp
we mesh the general offset of a triangle mesh.

Sebastien.