Nef complexes: Representing multiple zones

Nef complexes: Representing multiple zones

Pranav
Hi,

I would like to know how I can represent a multi-zone domain using Nef complexes. For example, I have a cylinder(say s1) and a cube(say s2) with s1 geometrically positioned inside s2. I want to perform union operation s3 = s2 + s1 such that each face of s3 is labeled as belonging to s1(and/or s2).

With regards,
Pranav

Re: Nef complexes: Representing multiple zones

Robert W. Johnstone
Hello,

It might be less efficient, but you can calculate the regions of interest one by one.  For example, the faces of s3 that belong to s2 could be calculated as the intersection of s3 and s2.boundary().

Regards,

Robert

In practice, there is.

Re: Nef complexes: Representing multiple zones

Pranav
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I wish to clarify if you mean the following :
1. Compute intersection(say s4) between s3 and s2.boundary().
2. For each face in s4,  find corresponding(geometrically identical) face in s3 and label it as belonging to s2.

With regards,
Pranav