Mesh to Mesh Intersection in 3D

RAGHU PRASAD

Hi All,

I have generated triangular meshes of two 3D polygonal objects.I want to check the number of triangles  that are actively involved in the intersection .i sthere any class in CGAL to perform the above

Also how can I create a list of triangles for each Mesh? Do I have to take every permutation of vertexes? This  would lead up to O(n^3) which is pretty difficult.

Should I perform some pre processing of the mesh to make sure no triangles intersect.like  partitioning the mesh into half-spaces.
--
Warm Regards

Raghu Prasad

Re: Mesh to Mesh Intersection in 3D

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
On 02/14/2012 05:02 PM, RAGHU PRASAD wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have generated triangular meshes of two 3D polygonal objects.I want to
> check the number of triangles  that are actively involved in the
> intersection .i sthere any class in CGAL to perform the above
see this package:
http://www.cgal.org/Manual/latest/doc_html/cgal_manual/Box_intersection_d/Chapter_main.html

> Also how can I create a list of triangles for each Mesh? Do I have to
> take every permutation of vertexes? This  would lead up to O(n^3) which
> is pretty difficult.

You said you have a mesh so to me triangles are well defined.

> Should I perform some pre processing of the mesh to make sure no
> triangles intersect.like  partitioning the mesh into half-spaces.
Are you talking of self intersecting now?

> Warm Regards
>
> Raghu Prasad

Re: Mesh to Mesh Intersection in 3D

gregthom992
Did you achieve this ? Could we compare notes tot see how you did it ?

Thanks