Mean curvature flow skeleton

Annie-Pier L.
Hi everybody,

I'm using the function extract_mean_curvature_flow_skeleton and I was
wondering why the resulting skeleton is always a bit different when I apply
the function on the same mesh. Is there a way to always obtain the same
skeleton with the same mesh?

Thank you!

Re: Mean curvature flow skeleton

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
I guess this comes from the fact at some point in the processing of
simplices of the mesh some maps/hash-maps are used based on the
memory address of the simplex, making it non-deterministic.
Right now I don't see any reason why we can't make it deterministic
but it requires some time to update the code to used indices rather
than address.

Sebastien.

On 01/24/2019 10:19 PM, Annie-Pier L. wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm using the function extract_mean_curvature_flow_skeleton and I was
> wondering why the resulting skeleton is always a bit different when I apply
> the function on the same mesh. Is there a way to always obtain the same
> skeleton with the same mesh?
>
> Thank you!

Re: Mean curvature flow skeleton

Annie-Pier L.