Keeping mesh labels during union (ref. 7/25/2018)

Keeping mesh labels during union (ref. 7/25/2018)

Dr01TSPC
I would like to have a union mesh retain the ids of each triangle;
i.e., which source mesh the triangle is from.  This question was
raised on Feb. 5, 2018; and there was no solution at that time.

On July 25, 2018 "sloriot" posted new code that was to provide
such "id tracking":

corefinement_mesh_union_with_attributes.cpp

When I execute the code, the output mesh (union.off) seems to
contain info on vertices and face connectivity; but not attributes;
e.g. "color".

Suggestion(s)?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Keeping mesh labels during union (ref. 7/25/2018)

Sebastien Loriot (GeometryFactory)
The attribute is not saved into the OFF format, it is stored in a
property map (out_id in the code) and the example checks that after the
operation the values are correctly set.

HTH

Sebastien.

On 12/24/2018 08:08 PM, Dr01TSPC wrote:

> I would like to have a union mesh retain the ids of each triangle;
> i.e., which source mesh the triangle is from.  This question was
> raised on Feb. 5, 2018; and there was no solution at that time.
>
> On July 25, 2018 "sloriot" posted new code that was to provide
> such "id tracking":
>
> corefinement_mesh_union_with_attributes.cpp
>
> When I execute the code, the output mesh (union.off) seems to
> contain info on vertices and face connectivity; but not attributes;
> e.g. "color".
>
> Suggestion(s)?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Re: Keeping mesh labels during union (ref. 7/25/2018)

Dr01TSPC
Sebastien:

Thank you.

Understood wrt not having attributes in "your" off files; by inspection.

I would like to use material ids in "downstream" analyses; e.g., meshing.
For simple cases, identifying intersections manually works. So I can use off
files
to build mesh files with attributes in other formats; e.g. vtp.

I will perhaps need intersections for rather complicated multiple material
structures
(many intersections).  Do you have any guidance as to how i might print out
attributes
(associated with faces) to some file.

I am used to writing mesh file format converters, so the format doesn't
matter.

Regards,
Tim